why it works
our standard our guaranteelyphazome technologypharmaceutical standardsingredients

Lyphazome Technology® 


Complexity of Design
Celazome uses patented, penetrating nanotechnology, known as Lyphazome®, to deliver ingredients within the epidermal layers of the skin. Traditional skincare products treat only the skin's surface.
 
We use tiny delivery vessels known as "nanospheres" to encapsulate ingredients such as pharmaceutical-quality bioactives, actives, and moisturizers. Once applied, these nanospheres quickly penetrate the skin, reaching far more of the skin than products coating only the surface. Further, our nanospheres form a partnership with the skin, creating a matrix with cells to repair and strengthen the skin's natural lipid barrier for both improved skin health and appearance.

There is a minimum composition of 80 percent nanosphere-encapsulated ingredients in every Celazome formula, feeding your skin all day. The remaining 20 percent non-encapsulated ingredients provide immediate surface benefits, acting like breakfast for the skin.

But beware: not all nanospheres are created equal, nor do they produce the same quality results. More than 14 years of research and development have shown us that Celazome's nanotechnology delivers such superior benefits because of perfectly sized nanospheres. Lyphazome® nanospheres measure 125 to 150 nanometers in radius---or 1/50th the size of a human skin cell. They are small enough to easily penetrate the skin's natural surface barrier, but large enough so the body will not counterproductively absorb them prior to full effectiveness.


You can only find the patented Lyphazome® nanotechnology within Celazome’s product formulas!



Scientific Advisor's Message


"For the past three decades I have had the privilege of being both a pioneer of nano-scale encapsulation systems, and the developer of the Lyphazome® nanotechnology used within Celazome’s products.

I began my research and development efforts by applying molecular level engineering to the topical delivery of ingredients to the skin. Advances in the science of molecular modeling and biology allowed us to develop techniques to control the size and biological payload of nanospheres specifically tailored to work synergistically with the skin's natural physiology.

Lyphazome® nanotechnology marks the culmination of my ongoing efforts to produce the highest-quality nano-scale delivery system. We compose our nanospheres from all natural plant lipids, which, when applied topically, form a matrix with cells, enhancing skin strength and structural "integrity."

- Dr. Michael Fountain, Ph.D., innovator of Lyphazome® nanotechnology


More than 14 years of research and development support our Lyphazome® nanotechnology and product collections.




Illustration of a Lyphazome® Nanosphere

To create our patented Lyphazome™ nanosphere, we simultaneously encapsulate numerous hydrophilic and lipophilic ingredients within a plant-based phospholipids structure.

1. Phospholipic Chain creates each nanosphere's structure

2. Hydrophilic (water-loving) bioactives and actives

3. Lipophilic (oil-loving) bioactives and actives


As they penetrate through deeper skin layers, nanospheres break apart due to naturally occurring changes within the skin. 
 
4.  Phospholipic Chain breaking apart

5. Hydrophilic ingredients releasing

6. Lipophilic ingredients releasing

 


How Nanospheres Work within the Skin


  1. Celazome product formula APPLIED to the skin;
    20 percent of ingredients provide immediate surface benefits


  2. An 80 percent or greater nanosphere-delivered ingredient
    CONCENTRATION penetrates the Stratum Corneum


  3. Nanospheres MIGRATE through the Stratum Corneum


  4. Nanospheres form a RESERVOIR between the Stratum
    Corneum and Stratum Granulosum


  5. Nanospheres release bioactive and active ingredients within
    the Stratum Corneum and deeper epidermal layers


  6. Released ingredients PENETRATE deeper into epidermal layers






















Actual photo of skin biopsy highlighting
rhodimine-filled Lyphazome® nanospheres
   
Photo shows nanosphere penetration
and location within Stratum Corneum.